The 5 Best Speed Reading Apps for Android to Help You Read More
As we live in a world where information is abundant and time is limited, speed reading is becoming an essential skill. Being able to read faster can save you a lot of time and increase your productivity. Fortunately, there are plenty of speed reading apps available on the Google Play store that can teach you how to speed read or help you improve your speed reading skills if you already know how to do it. We’ve compiled a list of the five best speed reading apps for Android that can help you read more in less time.
1. ReadMe!: ReadMe! is a powerful speed reading app that not only helps you increase your reading speed but also your comprehension. The app has a clean interface, and you can adjust the reading speed from 50 words per minute (WPM) up to 1000 WPM. The app uses a technique called Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP) that displays one word at a time in the center of the screen. This technique allows you to read faster without having to move your eyes across the words. ReadMe! also includes a set of customizable exercises to help you practice and improve your speed reading skills.
2. QuickRead: With QuickRead, you can read books, articles, and other materials faster than ever before. The app features a simple and intuitive interface and allows you to read at speeds of up to 1000 WPM. QuickRead also includes practice exercises and a variety of fonts and colors to customize your reading experience. The app also has a feature that allows you to highlight important passages and take notes while you read.
3. Spreeder: Spreeder is a popular speed reading app that uses the RSVP technique to display text one word at a time. The app features a clean and simple interface and allows you to adjust the speed from 50 WPM up to 1000 WPM. The app also includes a built-in library of classic books, and you can upload your own text if you prefer. Spreeder also features a customizable highlighter to help you mark important passages while you read.
4. Outread: Outread is a unique speed reading app that uses a combination of the RSVP technique and a guided reading feature. The app allows you to adjust the reading speed from 50 WPM up to 1000 WPM, and you can choose the font and color that you prefer. The guided reading feature shows you how much time you have left to read, and you can choose to read for a set amount of time or a set number of pages. Outread also keeps track of your progress and lets you know how much you’ve read and how fast you’re reading.
5. Velocity: Velocity is a speed reading app that uses a unique technique called chunking. This technique allows you to read a block of words at a time, which can increase your reading speed while still maintaining comprehension. The app also has a variety of customizable settings, including adjustable speed, font size, line spacing, and more. Velocity also includes a built-in library with a variety of genres to choose from.
In conclusion, speed reading apps are a great way to increase your reading speed and maximize your time. With the five apps we’ve listed above, you have a range of options to choose from, each with its unique features and benefits. By practicing regularly and using these apps, you can develop your speed reading skills and read more in less time.