How to Play .bin, .cue, .dat, .daa, and .rar Movie Files
If you’re a movie enthusiast, you might have come across some movie files with extensions like .bin, .cue, .dat, .daa, or .rar. These file types are not as common as the usual .mp4 or .avi, but they still exist. In this article, we will guide you on how to play these movie files.
.bin and .cue Files
.bin and .cue files are a pair of files used to create a CD or DVD. The .bin file is the raw data of the CD or DVD, while the .cue file is a set of instructions that tells the CD/DVD burning software how to burn the .bin file to a disc. To play a .bin and .cue movie file, you will need to mount the .cue file using a virtual drive software like Daemon Tools Lite or Alcohol 120%.
- Download and install a virtual drive software like Daemon Tools Lite or Alcohol 120%.
- Right-click on the .cue file and select “Mount Image” from the context menu.
- The virtual drive software will mount the .cue file as a virtual CD/DVD drive.
- Open your media player (e.g. VLC) and select the virtual drive as the source for the movie file.5. Press play and enjoy the movie!
.dat files are video files used by VCDs (Video Compact Discs). They are not as common nowadays, but you might still encounter them. To play a .dat movie file, you can use VLC media player.
- Download and install VLC media player.
- Open VLC media player and go to “Media” > “Open File”.
- Browse to the location of the .dat file and select it.
- Press play and enjoy the movie!
.daa files are image files created by PowerISO. They are similar to .iso files but with some additional features. To play a .daa movie file, you will need to convert it to an .iso file first.
- Download and install PowerISO.
- Open PowerISO and go to “File” > “Open”.
- Browse to the location of the .daa file and select it.
- Go to “File” > “Save As” and select “ISO” as the output format.
- Save the file in a location of your choice.
- Open the .iso file in your favorite media player (e.g. VLC) and press play.
.rar files are compressed archive files, similar to .zip files. To play a .rar movie file, you will need to extract the contents of the .rar file first.
- Download and install a file archiver software like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Right-click on the .rar file and select “Extract Here” from the context menu.
- The file archiver software will extract the contents of the .rar file to a folder.
- Open the folder and look for the movie file (usually with extensions like .avi or .mp4).
- Open the movie file in your favorite media player (e.g. VLC) and press play.
That’s it! You can now play .bin, .cue, .dat, .daa, and .rar movie files with ease. Just remember to use the appropriate software for each file type and enjoy the movie!