How to Make the PS4 Download Faster
The PlayStation 4 is one of the most popular gaming consoles in the world. With its impressive graphics and array of games, it’s no wonder why gamers everywhere are flocking to own one. However, one major issue that PS4 users often face is slow download speeds. Downloading large game files or updates can easily take hours or even days, making downloading a frustrating experience. In this article, we’ll discuss some tips and tricks that you can use to make your PS4 download faster.
1. Connect your PS4 to the internet via Ethernet cable
One of the best ways to speed up your PS4 download speed is to connect your console directly to your router via an Ethernet cable. A wired connection is faster and more stable than a wireless one, which can be prone to interference and other factors that can slow down your speed.
2. Pause any downloads or updates on other devices on your network
A common mistake many people make is having multiple devices on their network downloading or updating content at the same time. This can cause a strain on your network speed, and ultimately slow down your PS4 download. Be sure to pause any downloads or updates on other devices before you begin downloading on your PS4.
3. Close all applications on your PS4
Another simple step you can take to improve your PS4 download speed is to close all other applications on your console. This includes any games, streaming apps, or other software that may be running in the background. By freeing up resources, your PS4 can focus solely on downloading the game or update, resulting in a faster download speed.
4. Change your DNS settings
Your PS4 automatically assigns DNS settings, but sometimes using the default settings can slow down your download speeds. A potential fix for slow downloads is to change your DNS settings manually.
To change your DNS settings:
1. Go to your PS4’s settings
2. Choose “Network”
3. Choose “Set up Internet Connection”
4. Choose “Custom”
5. Choose “Automatic” for IP Address
6. Choose “Do Not Specify” for DHCP Host Name
7. Choose “Manual” for DNS Settings
8. Enter “Primary DNS” as “220.127.116.11” and “Secondary DNS” as “18.104.22.168”
9. Choose “Automatic” for MTU Settings
10. Choose “Do Not Use” for Proxy Server
5. Put your PS4 into “Rest Mode”
Another trick to download games faster on PS4 is to put your console into rest mode while downloading. Rest mode puts the console in a low-power state and can help speed up the download process.
To put your PS4 into rest mode:
1. Go to your PS4’s settings
2. Choose “Power Save Settings”
3. Choose “Set Features Available in Rest Mode”
4. Enable “Stay Connected to the Internet”
5. Choose “Set Time Until PS4 Turns Off”
6. Choose “Set Time Until PS4 Enters Rest Mode”
7. Choose “Enter Rest Mode” from the Quick Menu (hold down the PS button on your controller)
In conclusion, there are several things you can do to make your PS4 download faster. By connecting your PS4 to the internet via Ethernet cable, pausing downloads on other devices, closing all other applications on your PS4, changing your DNS settings, and putting your console into rest mode, you can improve your download speeds significantly. These steps are easy to implement and can help you enjoy your favorite game faster without having to wait for hours.