How to Fix It When Your Roku Remote Is Not Working
Roku is one of the most popular streaming platforms, offering a wide range of streaming options for its users. However, a common issue among Roku users is when their remote fails to work. Fortunately, this problem has a few solutions, some of which we’ll explore in this article. So, if you’re experiencing any issues with your Roku remote, read on to learn how to fix it.
Check the Batteries
The first thing you should do when your Roku remote isn’t working is to check the batteries. It’s easy to overlook this step, but it’s an essential one. So, try replacing the batteries with fresh ones and see if that solves the problem. If your remote still isn’t working despite a fresh battery, move on to the next solution.
Reset the Remote
Another solution to fix your Roku remote when it’s not working is to reset it. To do this, remove the batteries from your remote and unplug the power cord from your Roku device. Wait for at least 10 seconds and reconnect the power cord. Once the Roku device has restarted, put the batteries back in the remote and see if it now works.
Pair the Remote
If resetting the remote didn’t fix the issue, try pairing it. To pair your remote, follow these steps:
1. Remove the batteries from your remote and unplug the power cord from your Roku device.
2. Wait for at least 10 seconds and reconnect the power cord.
3. Wait for your Roku device to restart and display the home screen.
4. Press and hold the “Pairing” button on the back of the remote for at least 3 seconds, or until the pairing light starts to flash.
5. Wait for the remote to pair with the Roku device. Once it does, you should be able to use the remote normally.
Use the Mobile App
If none of the solutions above work, you can try using the Roku mobile app as a temporary remote. The app essentially turns your smartphone into a remote, allowing you to control your Roku device. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Download the Roku mobile app on your smartphone.
2. Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
3. Open the app and click on “Remote.”
4. Use the mobile app to control your Roku device.
Getting in Touch with Roku Support
If you’ve tried all of the above solutions and your remote still isn’t working, it may be time to contact Roku support. They will be able to advise you on other potential solutions or send you a replacement remote if necessary. Contacting their support team is also an excellent solution if your Roku device is still under warranty.
In conclusion, there are various solutions to fix your Roku remote when it’s not working. From checking your batteries to using the mobile app, there are many ways you can solve the issue. By working through the list of solutions, you’ll likely find that one of them will work and allow you to get back to enjoying your Roku streaming experience.