How to Enable Dark Mode in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, and Opera
Dark mode is an excellent feature that enables you to turn the bright white backgrounds of most websites and programs into a darker, more eye-friendly shade of gray or black. It not only reduces eye strain but also conserves battery life on mobile devices and laptops. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to enable dark mode in all major browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, and Opera.
Enabling dark mode in Google Chrome is a simple process. Follow the following steps:
1. Download the extension ‘Dark Reader’ from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Once installed, a toggle switch will appear in the top-right corner of your browser. Click on it to activate the extension.
3. By default, the extension turns your web pages black. However, you can customize this to your own preference by simply clicking on the extension icon and adjusting the settings.
Enabling dark mode in Firefox is also a quick process. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Firefox browser and click on the three lines icon in the top-right corner.
2. Select ‘Add-ons’ from the dropdown list.
3. Search for and install the ‘Dark Reader’ add-on.
4. Once installed, you can activate it by clicking on the Dark Reader icon that appears to your right.
If you’re using Microsoft Edge, here’s how to enable dark mode:
1. Click on the three dots located in the top-right corner of the browser.
2. Select ‘Settings’ from the dropdown list.
3. Click on ‘Appearance’ and then on the dropdown list next to ‘Theme’.
4. Choose ‘Dark’ to activate dark mode.
If you’re an Apple user and Safari is your go-to browser, you can enable dark mode by following the steps below:
1. Open your ‘System Preferences’ and click on ‘General’.
2. At the top of the page, look out for the ‘Appearance’ dropdown list.
3. Select ‘Dark’ to activate dark mode.
Enabling dark mode in Opera is a quick process. Here’s how:
1. Click on the Opera menu in the top left corner.
2. Select ‘Settings and then choose ‘Appearance’ from the dropdown list.
3. Toggle on the ‘Dark mode’ button to activate.
In conclusion, enabling dark mode is a quick process regardless of your browser. By following these steps, you’ll be able to enjoy a much more comfortable browsing experience with lower eye strain and a longer battery life. So, give it a try and enjoy browsing with dark mode enabled!