What Are ISO Files & How You Can Create, Use & Burn Them For Free In Windows 7
ISO files, also known as disk images, are digital copies of optical disks, such as CDs or DVDs, that store data in a certain file format. These files enable users to easily store, distribute and transfer large amounts of data in a compressed format.
In Windows 7, there are several methods to both create and use ISO files for free. Here are some of the best ways to create, use and burn ISO files in Windows 7.
Creating ISO Files
1. Windows Disc Image Burner: This software comes built-in with Windows 7 and can be used to create ISO files from any optical disk. Simply right-click on the CD or DVD drive and click on “Create image from disc”. This will automatically create an ISO file from the disk.
2. ImgBurn: This free software is widely used to create ISO files from any disk, including CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray disks. It comes with a range of customization features that allow you to create ISO files with specific settings.
Using ISO Files
1. Windows 7 Embedded Virtual PC: This virtualization software can be used to mount ISO files directly within the operating system. Simply right-click on the ISO file and click on “Mount”. This will create a virtual drive where you can access the contents of the ISO file.
2. Virtual CloneDrive: This free software is specifically designed to mount ISO files and other disk images to a virtual drive. It supports a wide range of disk image formats and can create up to 15 virtual drives at once.
Burning ISO Files
1. Windows Disc Image Burner: This software can be used not only to create ISO files, but also to burn ISO files to a CD or DVD. Simply right-click on the ISO file and click on “Burn disk image”.
2. ImgBurn: This software is also capable of burning ISO files to CDs or DVDs. It features a range of advanced options such as image formatting, bootable disk creation, and file system support.
In conclusion, ISO files are an efficient way to store and transfer large amounts of data. With these simple methods of creating, using, and burning ISO files in Windows 7, you can easily manage your data and simplify your digital life.