Pokemon Go Moltres Raid Guide: Best Counters, Weaknesses and Moveset
Moltres, one of the legendary bird Pokémon from the Kanto region, is now available in Pokémon Go as a five-star raid boss. This powerful fire and flying-type Pokémon is not easy to defeat, but players who come prepared with the right team and strategy can emerge victorious. In this guide, we will discuss Moltres’ weaknesses, best counters, and moveset to help you defeat it in your next raid.
Moltres has a dual typing of fire and flying that makes it weak against rock, electric, and water-types. It has double weakness (4x weakness) to rock-type moves due to the combination of its fire and flying typings. Understanding its weaknesses will make it much easier to form an effective counter team.
1. Rampardos: Rampardos, a rock-type Pokémon with high attack stats, is an ideal counter for Moltres. The best moveset for Rampardos includes Smack Down (fast move) and Rock Slide (charge move) which can exploit Moltres’ double weakness to rock-type moves.
2. Rhyperior: Another great option against Moltres is Rhyperior. This ground/rock-type Pokémon also has excellent attack power and can take advantage of Moltres’ double weakness. Equip Rhyperior with Smack Down (fast move) and Rock Wrecker or Stone Edge (charge move) for maximum damage.
3. Terrakion: Terrakion is another powerful rock-type counter for Moltres raids. A strong performer with good durability and attack stats, use Smack Down (fast move) and Rock Slide (charge move) to take down Moltres quickly.
4. Tyranitar: The ever-popular Tyranitar is a potent counter against Moltres. While not as effective as Rampardos or Rhyperior, Tyranitar’s decent bulk coupled with high attack stats make it an excellent choice. Opt for Smack Down (fast move) and Stone Edge (charge move) to deal the most damage.
5. Zapdos: Surprisingly enough, Moltres’ legendary counterpart Zapdos serves as a decent counter. With its electric typing, it can dish out good damage with Thunder Shock (fast move) and Thunderbolt (charge move).
6. Golem: Golem, a ground/rock-type Pokémon, is another viable choice for your raid team against Moltres. It possesses the necessary moves to exploit Moltres’ double weakness: Rock Throw (fast move) and Stone Edge (charge move).
As a raid boss, Moltres has access to a range of powerful moves, including:
– Fire Spin (Fire)
– Wing Attack (Flying)
– Fire Blast (Fire)
– Heat Wave (Fire)
– Sky Attack (Flying)
When preparing to battle Moltres in a raid, prioritize rock-type counters as these will inflict maximum damage due to Moltres’ double weakness. Electric and water-types are secondary options that can still perform well if you lack strong rock-type Pokémon.
Organize your raid party accordingly and aim to bring along friends or fellow trainers to increase your chances of success in defeating this legendary bird Pokémon. Good luck on your quest to take down Moltres!