How to Combine PDF Files on a Mac
Combining PDF files is a quick and easy way to simplify your document management. Mac users have a range of methods available to combine PDFs, with some of the most popular methods being detailed below. Whether you need to combine two or more PDFs into a single document or convert one PDF into several, the process is remarkably straightforward.
Method 1: Using Preview
Preview is the default PDF viewer on MacOS and comes with a range of editing options, including the ability to combine PDFs.
Here’s how to combine PDFs using Preview:
1. Open the PDF file you want to add other files to.
2. Go to View > Thumbnails to open the sidebar.
3. Drag the other PDF files you want to add to the sidebar and drop them in the order you want them to appear.
4. Save the new document by going to File > Save.
Method 2: Using Finder
Finder is the file management system in MacOS, and it too can be utilized to combine PDF files.
Here’s how to combine PDFs using Finder:
1. Open Finder and locate the PDF files you want to merge.
2. Select all the PDF files you want to merge.
3. Right-click on the selection and choose Open With Preview.
4. Preview will open with all the selected PDFs loaded in the sidebar.
5. Reorder the pages if necessary by dragging and dropping them into position.
6. Save the new document by going to File > Save.
Method 3: Using Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC is a paid software solution that provides advanced features for working with PDFs, including the ability to combine files.
Here’s how to combine PDFs using Adobe Acrobat DC:
1. Open Adobe Acrobat DC.
2. Go to Tools > Combine Files.
3. Click the Add Files button and select the PDFs you want to merge.
4. Rearrange the files if necessary by clicking and dragging them into place.
5. Choose whether you want to combine all pages or only specific ones.
6. Click Combine Files to merge the PDF files.
7. Save the new document by going to File > Save.
Method 4: Using Online Tools
Several free and paid online tools are available for merging PDF files. These tools typically require you to upload the files to their website, and then they will merge them and provide you with a download link.
Here’s how to combine PDFs using an online tool:
1. Find a reliable online tool, such as Smallpdf or MergePDF.
2. Upload the PDF files you want to merge.
3. Rearrange the files as necessary by dragging and dropping them.
4. Choose whether you want to merge all pages or only specific ones.
5. Click Merge or Combine.
6. Download the merged document.