7 Chrome Extensions to Make Reading Online Articles Better
As we increasingly turn to the internet for information, the ability to easily read and comprehend online articles becomes more important. Fortunately, Google Chrome offers a variety of extensions designed to enhance our reading experience. Here are seven of the best:
1. Mercury Reader – This extension removes ads, sidebars, and other distracting elements from articles, leaving only the text and essential images. It also allows you to adjust the font size and background color to fit your preferences.
2. Read Aloud – If you’re someone who learns better through auditory input, Read Aloud is a must-have. This extension will read articles aloud to you in a natural-sounding voice, and you can control the speed and pitch of the speech.
3. SpeakIt! – Like Read Aloud, SpeakIt! converts text to speech. However, this extension has the additional option of translating articles into multiple languages.
4. Grammarly – To ensure your reading comprehension is as high as possible, you need to be able to understand the words being used. Grammarly can help with this by checking the grammar and spelling of online articles, as well as suggesting more precise or descriptive synonyms when necessary.
5. Just Read – Similar to Mercury Reader, Just Read removes extraneous elements from articles, but it also allows you to take notes, highlight text, and generate a clean version of the article for saving or printing.
6. Pocket – When you come across an article you don’t have time to read in full, Pocket is a great tool for saving it to read later. You can access saved articles from your phone, tablet, or computer, and Pocket will also suggest articles based on your reading history.
7. TLDR – For when you just want the main points without reading the full article, TLDR (short for “Too Long, Didn’t Read”) provides summarized versions of articles that you can read quickly.
These seven extensions can all help make your online reading experience smoother, more efficient, and ultimately more enjoyable. Give them a try today and see how they can help you get the most out of your web browsing!