10 Ways to Speed Up a Bluetooth Data Transfer
Bluetooth technology is a revolutionary step when it comes to wireless data transfer. However, despite its popularity and ease of use, users still experience slow and frustrating data transfer speeds. This article will discuss ten ways to speed up a Bluetooth data transfer.
1. Ensure Both Devices are Bluetooth 4.0: The latest version of Bluetooth technology thrives on low energy consumption, making data transfer faster and more efficient.
2. Remove Obstructions: Bluetooth signal strength is easily disrupted by walls, metal, and electronic devices, so ensure both devices are in an open space with no obstacles minimizing signal intensity.
3. Reduce Distance Between Devices: Bluetooth is designed for close range communication, so data transfer speed will be faster with the shorter range between the two devices.
4. Update Device Drivers and Firmware: Whenever new updates are available, you must update your device to ensure maximum compatibility with other devices and improve performance.
5. Turn Off Other Bluetooth-Enabled Devices: Bluetooth devices that aren’t currently in use can interfere with the Bluetooth connection between the two devices, slowing down data transfer speed.
6. Clear Caches: Both devices’ caches (temporarily saved files) could slow down data transfer. Clearing them will free up space and improve the speed of the data transfer.
7. Reduce Data Size: When transferring a large file, consider dividing the data into smaller parts to reduce the transfer time and improve speed.
8. Restart Devices: Restarting the transmitting and receiving devices can solve slow transfer issues caused by hardware and software bugs.
9. Use Devices with More RAM: Higher RAM devices perform faster since data transfer occurs in the device’s Random Access Memory (RAM).
10. Use a third-party app: Slow Bluetooth transfer speeds can be attributed to the transfer app, and third-party apps can improve speed. Apps like SHAREit, Xender, and Feem work faster than their manufacturer-specific counterparts.
In conclusion, these are ten ways to speed up a Bluetooth data transfer. Some may be obvious, while others require extra effort and time applied to achieve the aim in question. Whatever the case, following these steps will undoubtedly make data transfer lightning-fast and user-friendly.